PitaPata Dog tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

PBC pics

This blog you kinda have to start from the bottom and read up:


This picture was after he fell in the water. I was nervous cause he fell in upstream of the canoe and was swimming sideways instead of upstream. His back end started going under the canoe so I grabbed his collar and kept him away from the canoe while Nathan paddled to the shore. He swam like a champ and I kept telling him he was a good boy for swimming so hard. I wish I had the video of what he did when he got to the shore. He shook, paced, snorted, paced, shook, snorted, shook, paced, etc. It was a few minutes before he was done and would get back in the canoe. When he did he layed down and was fine the rest of the day. Now we are trying to train him to not just leap out of the canoe when he thinks he is close enough to dry land. Since I am usually in the front and Jackson is in the middle I can't keep as close of a watch on him and he jumps out sometimes, but we always have the emergency word and peanut butter so he doesn't run off.


After a while Jackson started getting used to the canoe and calmed down enough to lay on the mat. He was so relaxed that he ended up falling off and into the water.


This is one of my fave pics. I was probably bribing him to get that face.


I wanted to show a progression of pictures of Jackson's canoeing skills. What you don't see is that he was sitting or laying down on the mat before the first picture and Nate said his name to take our picture. Instead of just turning his head, Jackson got up and walked across the canoe to Nate. the next pictures are a minute or less apart of Nate trying to get the picture again. It didn't work. This first day Jackson just would not stay still.






No comments: