PitaPata Dog tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, November 25, 2007

what engineers do for fun



We sometimes go to bridges to check them out. This is the "Big Dam Bridge" in Little Rock/North Little Rock. We studied the concrete work and the steel work. It all checked out to me... I know little about either. I deal with piles of dirt instead of stuff in the air. Anyway, this is the longest pedestrian bridge in the world, from what I understand, and was retrofitted over an existing lock-and-dam on the Arkansas River, hence the name. And no, "retrofitted" has nothing to do with polyester and bell bottoms.

Jackson was not too thrilled about being 100 feet up in the air or with all the people riding by on bicycles.

1 comment:

Matt said...

My dad said it shakes something fierce when he ran in the Big Dam 5k last time. I look forward to checking it out whenever I get home.

P.S. Let me know if you are gonna be in LR. I live there. Kinda...